FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

February 18, 2012 Club Ride - Coal Creek - 9am Eastern

<<

hoosierdaddy

Jr. Windrocker

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: February 18, 2012 Club Ride - Coal Creek - 9am Eastern

Excellent ride today!! The new trails are quite nice, especially T72 and T8!!! I can't wait to get back to the Rock to ride them both again. Special thanks to George for "saving my bacon" today when I flipped my Honda!! It could have been a bad day, if he hadn't come to the rescue. Luckily I was able to simply dust off my Honda and continue riding. I would probably still be picking up the pieces if I had owned a Polaris. (:

I know the good Lord was watching out for us today!

Thanks everyone for a great day at The Rock!!
<<

Roundtuit

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:41 am

I very much enjoyed the ride today! It was great being back up on the mountain, riding with old friends and new! Great turn out! Thank you Rooster and all who helped keep this ride safe and fun. BTW Rooster, the new trail, EXCELLENT!
<<

bigcat

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 am

It was a good ride. Was nice to be out and to see everyone again. Hope to do it again soon. New trails are great.

Thanks Ron for a good ride.
<<

Rooster

Administrator

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:20 am

The Trail Crew (Lewis and myself) can only take credit for the new trail we rode near the end of the ride. The other New Trails that are on the map were either existing trails that got a number put to them or ones that were remnants of Loggin Operations. Either way it does not matter, it is all good for the RIders of Coal Creek.
Trail Maintenance Supervisor Windrock Park Trails
former 2011-2012 Board of Directors/Windrock ATV Club
former 2012-2017 Vice President/Windrock ATV Club
<<

MsRhinoRider

WATVC Treasurer

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 am

Rooster wrote:The Trail Crew (Lewis and myself) can only take credit for the new trail we rode near the end of the ride. The other New Trails that are on the map were either existing trails that got a number put to them or ones that were remnants of Loggin Operations. Either way it does not matter, it is all good for the RIders of Coal Creek.

I think you and Lewis got the "seal of approval" by everyone that rode yesterday... :D After stopping at the end of Trail 8, I saw nothing but big smiles, and a lot of great comments from everyone... (I really liked it as well!) Thanks for giving "the Riders of Coal Creek" some new trails to ride.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Windrock ATV Club Officer
Treasurer 2013-2014
Secretary/Treasurer 2012-2013
Secretary/Pro TempTreasurer 2011-2012
Secretary 2010-2011
Event Coordinator 2009-2010-2011-2012-2013

East Tennessee ATV Riders Member
Southern Offrode Riders Member
<<

sponge

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Having this place to ride and a great club to support it is what it is all about. I know I really appreciate it coming from NJ where there is no place to ride. The trail crews did a great job and many thanks to them. It was awesome getting together at the flats and seeing everyone.
<<

Rooster

Administrator

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 pm

MsRhinoRider wrote:
Rooster wrote:The Trail Crew (Lewis and myself) can only take credit for the new trail we rode near the end of the ride. The other New Trails that are on the map were either existing trails that got a number put to them or ones that were remnants of Loggin Operations. Either way it does not matter, it is all good for the RIders of Coal Creek.

I think you and Lewis got the "seal of approval" by everyone that rode yesterday... :D After stopping at the end of Trail 8, I saw nothing but big smiles, and a lot of great comments from everyone... (I really liked it as well!) Thanks for giving "the Riders of Coal Creek" some new trails to ride.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

It is an awesome addition to that area. Trail 8 is not the trail number of the new one. It will get a number soon and when one is assigned to it, I will get it posted so everyone knows where it is.
<<

sully800

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Rooster, no matter what # is given to that trail it's an awesome trail.Thank you and Lewis for making that trail, it will only get better with age. The whole ride was great and I for one had a blast and was pleasantly surprised by the turnout for this one.That's great for C.C. and the WATVC. Great group of people who had a good day to ride and a great choice of trail's to ride on. Thanks again for all you do .
<<

Bubbanewf

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:24 pm

My first ride in three months. Great trails Ron, and the climb towards the end of the ride was like icing on the cake.
<<

Green Mountain Boy

Jr. Windrocker

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Great ride Ron and company! Last time at the flats it was so foggy you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Awesome views from that area. Trail selection was perfect for the group, topped off by a fun ride on the new trail. I think I was able to help with trail maintenance on the new trail by pushing down some of those higher rocks with my short little RZR. The climbs were great! Makes me curious on how much more verticle these machines can take. Not that I want to be in/on one when that limit is reached! Anyway thanks again for a super ride. Looking forward to Pickett.
<<

ArcaneRacing

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks so much for such a great ride on Saturday! It was truly only our 2nd ride in the Commander and the first one was very brief to figure out how to run it.

Tammy and Doug, you do such a wonderful job leading the club. Rooster, excellent trails and guidance. Love that new trail, reminded me of MTB single track. I'm not sure if Larry in the yellow Commander is on the forum, but someone yell a special thank you to him for getting us through that tough spot (tough to us, at least!). We built some character there :)

Group rides are the way to go! We get to go places we wouldn't AND we don't get lost. The teamwork, conversations, fun, fun, fun!

mieko & Ken
<<

Rooster

Administrator

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Mieko & Ken

Very nice to meet you all. You have a nice looking machine. I was admiring it. Hope to see you on the next ride.
Previous

Return to WATVC Sanctioned Trail Rides