FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

February 15, 2014 Club Ride

<<

ky kodiak

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Re: February 15, 2014 Club Ride

Good News! Just to let everyone know. Gina the lady that tried to kill her Grizzly on the ride, is doing good and is wanting to get back to the Rock soon and get her revenge on Trail 4!! She said the Grizzly was going to the shop Monday to be repaired
<<

snapper

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:15 pm

if anybody made a gps track of the ride I would love to get a copy of it... look at it on google earth, I love looking at the ride tracks on google earth.. not familiar on any of the wma and would love to see a route on a map.. glad nobody was hurt on that wreck, that looks nasty!! good reason to not ride alone..

thanks!! Chris
<<

awillis858

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:04 pm

[quote="ky kodiak"]Good News! Just to let everyone know. Gina the lady that tried to kill her Grizzly on the ride, is doing good and is wanting to get back to the Rock soon and get her revenge on Trail 4!! She said the Grizzly was going to the shop Monday to be repaired[/quote]

This is Al Willis, Gina's other half. Gina is indeed doing okay, but bruised and banged up a bit. She is also feeling a bit embarrased and hopes she didn't ruin the ride for everyone.

After leaving the park, Gina started complaining of severe pain in her right rib cage area and with her breathing. So, I took her to the emergency room in Oak Ridge, and fortunately, x-rays revealed nothing was broken - only deep bruising. Three hours later and a few scripts for pain meds, I finally got her back to the house. We headed home Sunday morning and made the trip home fine.

I dropped the Grizzly by the shop this afternoon to get an estimate of the damage and repair bill. We'll see….. Thank goodness we both have tax refunds coming!! :)

On a personal note, I truly believe God was with us this past Saturday. He had has hand on Gina and protected her from more serious injury. He also placed the truly remarkable, caring, and compassionate members of the Windrock ATV Club in our lives that day. WIthout all of you, we don't know what we would have done. To Johnny, Rooster, Shawn, Dale, Kelly, John, and many others (sorry - we don't know all the names), Gina and I want to express our heart-felt thanks and gratitude for all you did to help us. Your motto of "we never leave anyone behind" truly came to life this past weekend.

God bless each of you! Hopefully, we'll see you again before long.

P.S. Our contact information if anyone wants to stay in touch:

Al and Gina
615-310-7732
awillis858@comcast.net
<<

Rooster

Administrator

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Very good news Al. Glad she was not hurt seriously. You tell her not to worry, she did not spoil anything. Just glad that everything turned out and looking forward to your return visit and ride with the club.
Trail Maintenance Supervisor Windrock Park Trails
former 2011-2012 Board of Directors/Windrock ATV Club
former 2012-2017 Vice President/Windrock ATV Club
<<

Bamagirl

Windrock Warrior

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Gina has my sympathy on those bruised ribs... tell her to prepare for a sneeze, its going to hurt like crazy but if she knows and can prepare for it maybe it wont be so bad.
So glad yall got her checked out, so many people ignore getting checked out and its better safe than sorry. Instead of Allstate, you are in good hands with group rides! :)

Hope she feels better soon! Tell her welcome to the tumble club, only way to get in is to take a tumble on an atv... it hurts now but she will have a cool story to tell about her ride at Windrock. lol
<<

Roundtuit

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Al,

You tell Gina to get well and not to worry about this ride or any other ride. Nothing was spoiled and we welcome you both back, as soon as she is up to it. The members of the Windrock ATV Club are truly the reason for the continued success of Windrock Park! The members look out for and take of each other no matter the issue, from flat tires to mechanical issues to unfortunate crashes. They are always there to help in the time of need. They are always there to enjoy the rides with and to have fun with. Much can be learned from this great membership.

Take care and see you again soon on the trails!
<<

snapper

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:35 am

anybody give me any clues where the train is? I have been looking on google earth and it is either not on my version? or I am in the wrong place.. is it on the south side of hwy 116 near devonia and moores camp? I found a spot that looked promising but couldn't find much. the bridge kinda looked like one of the pictures I saw.. the spot was at the end of a gravel road that started off of g7 on dan's google earth map?? so anybody?

thanks!! Chris
<<

Rooster

Administrator

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:40 am

snapper wrote:anybody give me any clues where the train is? I have been looking on google earth and it is either not on my version? or I am in the wrong place.. is it on the south side of hwy 116 near devonia and moores camp? I found a spot that looked promising but couldn't find much. the bridge kinda looked like one of the pictures I saw.. the spot was at the end of a gravel road that started off of g7 on dan's google earth map?? so anybody?

thanks!! Chris

Chris,

Find the coal washer in Devonia on Google. It is directly behind it.
Trail Maintenance Supervisor Windrock Park Trails
former 2011-2012 Board of Directors/Windrock ATV Club
former 2012-2017 Vice President/Windrock ATV Club
<<

snapper

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:33 pm

can't see the train on the google earth I am using right now, so it is either older or hidden by the trees.. how hard is it to find from windrock? looks like a decent road/trail on google earth going from windrock to it??

thanks!! Chris

Google probably won't show it because of trees. If you are referring to the road behind the windmills, it has some bad ruts in a few spots. Could be a challenge if going down hill. We went up hill and it was frozen over some in the ruts.
<<

awillis858

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Can someone tell me the sequence of trails we did on this ride? With the accident and having to bail early, I forgot to ask.

Thanks in advance!
Previous

Return to WATVC Sanctioned Trail Rides