FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

January 17, 2015 Club Ride

<<

Mulchman

Senior Windrocker

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: January 17, 2015 Club Ride

If Saturday wasn't my daughter's birthday I wojld definitely be joining this ride.
<<

snapper

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:44 pm

so who is planning on coming? weather is looking real nice! I should be there if the old truck behaves...

later!! Chris
<<

JPuffenbarger

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:08 am

New member here, my wife and I will be there for our first club ride. I am planning our travels to get to the parking lot around 9:30. We will have to visit the General Store to get our trail permits etc, being this is our first event can someone give me an idea if this will provide ample time for us to get unloaded, purchase permits, etc. Thanks
<<

MsRhinoRider

WATVC Treasurer

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:29 pm

JPuffenbarger wrote:New member here, my wife and I will be there for our first club ride. I am planning our travels to get to the parking lot around 9:30. We will have to visit the General Store to get our trail permits etc, being this is our first event can someone give me an idea if this will provide ample time for us to get unloaded, purchase permits, etc. Thanks

It should be enough time...however since it is the first of the year, the general store could be busy and remember everyone has to also sign a club waiver too. We try really hard to start the ride on time. :D
Windrock ATV Club Officer
Treasurer 2013-2014
Secretary/Treasurer 2012-2013
Secretary/Pro TempTreasurer 2011-2012
Secretary 2010-2011
Event Coordinator 2009-2010-2011-2012-2013

East Tennessee ATV Riders Member
Southern Offrode Riders Member
<<

Drjcw24

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Had a great time today!! The ride was awesome !
<<

Rooster

Administrator

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:35 pm

It was a good ride.

Here is the report

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=14040
Trail Maintenance Supervisor Windrock Park Trails
former 2011-2012 Board of Directors/Windrock ATV Club
former 2012-2017 Vice President/Windrock ATV Club
<<

chatdc

Windrock Warrior

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 am

Rooster, I was approached by several riders that all wanted to know the same thing so I thot I'd post it here if you don't mind ?

Ride Report 2014 Polaris Sportsman 850 WV

For those of you that have seen the new airless tires on a four wheeler, I bet I can predict one of the first things that you are gonna ask... “How do they ride?”

Well today I was sent out to get an answer to that very question. The boys down at ProX PowerSports in Chattanooga loaded up a brand new machine into the back of my truck and I headed for Oliver Springs. You see today was the WindRock ATV Club's monthly trail ride led this month by “Rooster”, the WR Trail Maintenance Supervisor and "KY Kodiak", general all around good guy.

This machine came equipped with:
Electronic Power Steering== Fantastic! Easy to turn but not too easy
850 cc w/EFI Power Plant== Fantastic! Smooth, predictable, quick response
1200 lb towing capacity== I even went for the XL breakfast since it could handle it
11 gal fuel capacity== standard 5 gal tank up front plus another 6 gal tank in rear
2500 lb Polaris winch is standard, I think this one had a 3500 lb one on it

**bullet proof tires ! == During testing, they really did actually shoot these tires with a .50 cal rifle and it didn't alter their performance.

Back to the question of ride and handling. Yes, they are stiffer than regular tires but more like I was riding on a set of regular tires with too much air in them, but not so much that it was terrible. For example, once I spent a day on a friend's Renegade that he had set-up for racing. I felt every bump and rock on the trail that day also, but yet it was a “quality ride” because of the control that came with it. He told me that,“ the faster you go, typically a higher tension is required in the suspension." Same goes for carrying more weight.

Another example, my son has a ¾ ton 4x4 diesel pickup. It also rides a little rough until you put 2000 lbs in the bed. In fact, now that I'm actually writing up this report, I have finally come up with the description that I'm most comfortable.

“It rides like a ¾ ton working man's pickup rather than the ½ ton grocery getter that most of us drive.

One last thot... Think for a moment what they actually built this machine for. Let's picture a soldier in the field carrying 5 ammo cans across the muddy, rock covered field that each weigh 180 lbs, when suddenly something happens and he has to quickly evacuate the area with 2 other guys that jumped on the side rails. He can do it with no problem on this Work Vehicle.
<<

Dadof4Brats

WATVC Vice President

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:51 am

Great to hear that this is something that helps our soldiers stay safe. Good to hear your report chatdc. It was also good to finally put a face to the name. It was to say the least, a great day to trail ride with some great folks. Old friends and some new ones too. Can hardly wait till the February ride gets here.
<<

chatdc

Windrock Warrior

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:02 pm

[quote="Dadof4Brats"]Great to hear that this is something that helps our soldiers stay safe. Good to hear your report chatdc. It was also good to finally put a face to the name. It was to say the least, a great day to trail ride with some great folks. Old friends and some new ones too. Can hardly wait till the February ride gets here.[/quote]

Agreed.

Putting faces to names, riding some good trails... Sounds like another great day at the Rock !
<<

ky kodiak

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Chatdc, Thanks for the report on the Military machine...it does look Bulletproof for sure and it will be a great machine for our soldiers in the field!

It was good seeing you again...it had been quite awhile!

The ride was shorter than most, but the trail selection was spot on....Great Ride!
Previous

Return to WATVC Sanctioned Trail Rides