WATVC Club Member

Post Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Benefit ride for Craig Bankston aka "Redneck Ranger"

Benefit Ride for Craig Bankston, aka RedneckRhino, RedneckRanger
Date, time and location:
• Saturday Aug 26th 2017
• 9am at Windrock ATV park,
• Lower mine shed parking lot area

This ride has been created for Craig long standing member of the Windrock ATV club, a good friend for over 10 years, and an overall outstanding riding buddy to have on the trail.
Last year Craig was diagnosed with "Glioblastoma Multiforme Stage 4 Brain Cancer" and shortly after he underwent surgery and is currently doing Chemo and wearing an optune device for this condition, Craig is always in our thoughts and prayers, as this benefit is being put on to help Craig and Dana with some of their expenses.
Ride shall start on windrock property and will on occasion cross onto TWRA property, thus not only shall a windrock pass be required, a TWRA pass shall also be required. Ride barring any setbacks should return to windrock parking lot by 6pm. A donation is requested at time of ride, likewise if you'd like to stop by and donate and not ride, that would be great to. In conjunction a GO FUND page has been setup for Craig, for which anyone can donate to at any time link to follow at end of this announcement and to be posted on Facebook. Dan and I (Ernie) shall be leading this ride and hope for a great turn-out and support for a fellow rider. Depending on precipitation and turn-out another ride may follow at a different designation.

Go Fund Link: https://www.gofundme.com/craigs-wellness-fund
Swampazz Riders
Windrock and Royal Blue Rangers ATV Club-Member
<<

DalesRZR

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:41 am

Re: Benefit ride for Craig Bankston aka "Redneck Ranger"

We are interested.. how much is the daily TWRA permit's for out of state visitors? Where do you acquire it at?
The Father/Daughter High Lifter Duo :D
Dale
2015 Polaris RZR 1000XP High Lifter Edition
Amanda
2016 Polaris RZR 1000XP High Lifter Edition
Windrock ATV Club Members
Shoals ATV Riders Members
Cheaha Trail Riders Members
<<

atl

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 pm

I think you can buy a daily permit at Wally World in Oak Ridge if I remember right . The Sportsman Warehouse in Chattanooga sells them too. https://tn.gov/twra/article/special-use-permits-j1 You may want to take a copy of this because sometimes the person behind the counter has no clue as to what your talking about.
<<

Danno

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:31 am

I am really looking forward to this ride. Lots of good trails planned to benefit a Great friend and fellow rider!
<<

jerrzr1

Senior Windrocker

Post Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 am

So very sad to learn this. Prayers and thoughts out to Craig and family.
<<

GIP

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:14 am

Small update, Dan and I have set an ambitious/spirted route for this ride of approximately 60 miles we hope to achieve. Depending on trail conditions and pace of ride this course maybe altered as the ride unfolds. This ride may contain a few gravel roads but that just to get from one trail to another. Some of the trails included on this ride will be trail 18, 28, 57, 12, 9 just to name a few. In hopes to achieve these 60 or so miles we hope to have a bit faster pace and limit the stops, we’ll also be eating lunch somewhere on the trail, so bring something to munch on. Dan and I’s machines are pretty much stock except for aftermarket tires, we per ran this route this past Saturday July 29th, without incident, though we may had to rethink our lines of attack a time or two. Now this ride will not be an easy ride nor is it extreme but it is going to be fun, as that’s what riding is all about. I ask you to come out, support and donate to Craig’s fund, you don’t have to ride with the group you can donate and take off and set your own course for the day, choice is always yours, be safe and hope to see a good turnout August 26th, God bless America and keep our troops safe. This shall also double as the monthly WRATVC ride, though all are welcome to attend. AS stated before this ride will at times cross into TRWA properties thus not only is a Windrock pass required so will a TWRA pass be required.
Swampazz Riders
<<

csherrod

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 am

Hello, new forum member and rzr owner here. I'm really looking forward to this event as my first real trail ride. How many people usually attend these events?

Thank you and looking forward to meeting everyone there!
<<

DalesRZR

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:28 pm

We will be there. Prob be waiting until we get there and set up camp before we purchase the TWRA permit. Craig is an awesome person and we want to help in any way we can. 8)
The Father/Daughter High Lifter Duo :D
Dale
2015 Polaris RZR 1000XP High Lifter Edition
Amanda
2016 Polaris RZR 1000XP High Lifter Edition
Windrock ATV Club Members
Shoals ATV Riders Members
Cheaha Trail Riders Members
<<

Roundtuit

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Planning to be there Ernie. Nice challenge ride and a great cause.

Thanks for planning this. Thoughts and prayers for the Bankston family...and especially for Craig.
2014 Polaris RZR 800 LE EPS
Black/Orange
Cooter Brown Top
Full Windshield
Fender Extenders
Tusk Quiet Glide Skid Plate
UTV Giant Doors
Bighorns

2016 Polaris Ace 900 SP
Lots of Polaris Special Goodies
Bighorns
ITP Hurricanes
<<

MsRhinoRider

WATVC Treasurer

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:39 pm

csherrod wrote:Hello, new forum member and rzr owner here. I'm really looking forward to this event as my first real trail ride. How many people usually attend these events?

Thank you and looking forward to meeting everyone there!

Hi csherrod...

You never know just how many will show up for the ride. We are hoping for a good turn-out. Craig is a dear friend to many of us and we all want to help as much as possible. I encourage everyone to bring their lunch, drinks, and snacks for on the trail. We also encourage everyone that rides to arrive early and sign a waiver to ride, make sure to have their land use permit, and of course be at the drivers meeting and ready to ride. On another note, we also would like to encourage everyone to make a donation. If you would like to donate but can't make the ride, come early and stop in and see us at the Lower Miner Shed across from the store or go to the "Fund me page" link in the first comment above.

Hope to see you all at the ride....
Windrock ATV Club Officer
Treasurer 2013-2014
Secretary/Treasurer 2012-2013
Secretary/Pro TempTreasurer 2011-2012
Secretary 2010-2011
Event Coordinator 2009-2010-2011-2012-2013

East Tennessee ATV Riders Member
Southern Offrode Riders Member
<<

GIP

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:49 am

Got word last night Craig's Son "Chase" will be riding with us on Saturday, let's show him a good turnout!
Swampazz Riders
<<

atl

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Now this ride will not be an easy ride nor is it extreme but it is going to be fun What about a four wheeler? It sounds like I may being a winch this more than usual this time-unless my tires wind up pointing skyward again. :roll:
<<

Danno

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:36 am

I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to all that were able to help support Craig. The ride went well with one minor issue. The trails were in great shape and I hope everyone had a good time. Maybe someone that's a little more wordy than me can fill in the blanks.
<<

GIP

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Good turnout for Craig Bankston benefit ride, we had two groups one heading out for a more subdued ride and we ventured out on trials 1,2,18,28,7, across 116 ate lunch at panther rock then to 60, where Ray snapped an axle, that's where we got a bit separated as a few broke off to get Ray and his rhino off the mountain the others continued on 60, to 65, to Red oak off on TWRA property then onto 76, 57, back 53 to south side 11, 14, 9, 37, 13 around the backside of mine and back to the parking lot in all bout 62 miles
Swampazz Riders
<<

GIP

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:34 pm

If i can arrange it with a guy i know whom has already agreed to it i plan on having another benefit ride at Bryants cove, will be posting on wratvc forum and facebook page when i can get this scheduled.
Swampazz Riders
Next

Return to The Bonfire