FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Oliver Springs

<<

watsonjt

Senior Windrocker

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:58 am

Oliver Springs

Not sure if this has ever been brought up but why cant Oliver Springs open up to the Windrock trail system like the Hatfield Mccoy Trails in West Virginia. Wouldnt this benefit the community in many ways ?
(Mine)2004 honda 440ex
hmf exhaust
itp c series rims
More To Come [/b]
(Moms) 2005 Kodiak 400 stock with itp c series rims and custom lighting
(Dads) 2004 honda Rancher stock
(ours) 1 bayou 220
<<

watsonjt

Senior Windrocker

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Oliver Springs

"Roger, the businesses DO APPRECIATE riders like you. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but about 12 years ago, when HMT first opened up, some of our towns were literallly little more than ghost towns, on their last legs. Look at Matewan, Man and Gilbert today- Thriving little towns because of tourists coming and staying here and spending money, supporting our local communities. THAT is what HMT is all about. Tourism and economic prosperity- all delivered via FUN."

This is from the Hatfield Mccoy Trail facebook page.
(Mine)2004 honda 440ex
hmf exhaust
itp c series rims
More To Come [/b]
(ours) 1 bayou 220
<<

Rooster

Windrock Warrior

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Talk to the guy at the Windmill Bed and Breakfast. He has tried to discuss this with Oliver Springs. See what he has to say.
2013 Polaris RzR 570 LE; 26" ITP Black Water Evolution Tires, J-Strong Roof, Polaris Flip Out Windshield, Pro Armor Doors, Skid Plates/Rock Sliders by Factory UTV, Garmin Montana 600 Gps with Ram Mount

Trail Maintenance Supervisor Windrock Park Trails (formely Coal Creek)
2011-2012 Board of Directors/Windrock ATV Club
2012-2014 Vice President/Windrock ATV Club
<<

watsonjt

Senior Windrocker

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Hmm who is this person?
(Mine)2004 honda 440ex
hmf exhaust
itp c series rims
More To Come [/b]
(ours) 1 bayou 220
<<

Rooster

Windrock Warrior

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Don't remember his name but he is the owner of the Windmill Bed and Breakfast, that big old church behind the Dollar General.....
2013 Polaris RzR 570 LE; 26" ITP Black Water Evolution Tires, J-Strong Roof, Polaris Flip Out Windshield, Pro Armor Doors, Skid Plates/Rock Sliders by Factory UTV, Garmin Montana 600 Gps with Ram Mount

Trail Maintenance Supervisor Windrock Park Trails (formely Coal Creek)
2011-2012 Board of Directors/Windrock ATV Club
2012-2014 Vice President/Windrock ATV Club
<<

watsonjt

Senior Windrocker

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:38 am

Oh ok where beech park was i remember seeing the sign lol i may go talk to him sometime.
(Mine)2004 honda 440ex
hmf exhaust
itp c series rims
More To Come [/b]
(ours) 1 bayou 220
<<

Badride

Windrock Warrior

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 am

Rooster wrote:Don't remember his name but he is the owner of the Windmill Bed and Breakfast, that big old church behind the Dollar General.....

I don't think he "John" is the owner, his "girlfriend" owns it, he just works for her. At least that is what her brother told me.

But, your correct that he is the MAIN person responsible for at least TRYING to convince Oliver Springs to open up the city to ATV/UTV traffic. The biggest obsticle is over since the Tennessee Adventure Tourism bill was signed into law. Now it is up to the cities and countys to take advantage of it. The last time I talked to John he told me he had started the "Oliver Springs Bussiness Association" which is free for any bussiness to join. He is trying to use that to pressure the city commission to pass the ordinances to allow the ATV/UTVs to ride on the city streets. He is getting a lot of resistance, especially from the city police chief.
CSA
Confederate States of America
Fighting Terriorism since 1861
<<

GIP

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 pm

another thing most city's would require helmet laws and WR doesn't help issue by not requiring a helmet.
Swampazz Riders
Windrock and Royal Blue Rangers ATV Club-Member
<<

Badride

Windrock Warrior

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:41 pm

GIP wrote:another thing most city's would require helmet laws and WR doesn't help issue by not requiring a helmet.

Helmet requirement is already by the new law as well as a working head light and tail light and you can only ride on the roads, if passed, 30 min after day break and 30 min before sun set. The city has no say so in either matter. WR doesn't require a working head light and tail light but the new law does. I know what the permit says, but you CAN ride Windrock at night.

You can't blame the Windrock rules for it not passing.
CSA
<<

powerbomb400

WATVC Club Member
WATVC Club Member

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 pm

We go to H/M ever year and they apprentice our money. In OS its the town commisners and the police more than the state that's preventing that from happening. :wink:
HONDA 05 426EX, FMF POWERBOMB HEADER,2 BROTHER RACING SILENCER.PRO TAPER HANDLEBARS, MODQUAD CLAMP,DG A-ARM GUARDS,AC RACING BELLY PAN,QUADBOSS SWING ARM GUARD,RAZRS 2 22 IN. FRONT TIRES,RAZRS 2 22 IN. REAR TIRES.REJETTED CARB.REGINA CHAIN & SUNSTAR SPROCKETS,DG FRONT BUMPER,PRM SIX-PACK RACK ,ELKA FRONT SHOCKS (WINDROCK ATV MEMBER) (Cumberland ATV Member) (NNAT)
<<

watsonjt

Senior Windrocker

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Hmm it makes sense for them to oppose this but, sounds like it will be happening soon with or without their "ok". I am glad, it will help all the communities near Oliver Springs. Maybe if OS doesnt want to take responsibillity maybe Coalfield or Petros will feel the Gap (not sure how well that would go) also reading the laws associated with ATV's i Came across this

(c) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, three- or four-wheel all-terrain
vehicles may be operated on State Route 116 between Railroad Street and Beech Grove Lane
within the jurisdiction of Lake City in Anderson County. Drivers operating vehicles in such
manner shall obey the rules of the road and operate with due care. While on the authorized
portion of State Route 116, such vehicles shall display tail lamps and headlights. Headlights on
such vehicles shall, under normal atmospheric conditions and on a level road, produce a driving
light sufficient to render clearly discernible a person two hundred feet (200') ahead. A violation
of this
section is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine only
of not more than fifty dollars ($50.00). [Acts 1982, ch.
749, §

I am not sure where this section of road is but this is state law so why cant this be passed in other places to?
(Mine)2004 honda 440ex
hmf exhaust
itp c series rims
More To Come [/b]
(ours) 1 bayou 220
<<

Badride

Windrock Warrior

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 am

It is close to Lake City where mostly the dirt bikes park but some ATVs do too. I expect to see more around there since Coal Creek is opening up some trails in that area.

The owners of Ginger's deli/gas station on hwy 116 (just past the hwy 330 intersection going toward Lake City) told me last week she had talked to the county and they had approved the same thing for that section of 116 also. That is great because it lets us have access to gas and hot food! Amy is supposed to put the trail that comes out close to Gingers on the new map. I think it turns off G67 if I remember correctly. That will be good for Gingers and good for us too.
CSA
<<

chatdc

Windrock Warrior

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 am

Gingers was a welcome sight 2wks ago when I had a flashing reserve tank light on a cool rainy afternoon! My KQ needed fuel too !

FUEL FOR FRIENDS AND THEIR MACHINES !!!
'13 Polaris Scrambler 850 (Trail Ready, Usually)

I RIDE black, but you can ride any color you want, just… LET’S GO RIDE !!!
<<

Badride

Windrock Warrior

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:00 am

chatdc wrote:Gingers was a welcome sight 2wks ago when I had a flashing reserve tank light on a cool rainy afternoon! My KQ needed fuel too !

FUEL FOR FRIENDS AND THEIR MACHINES !!!

How did you like the other little trail we took that turned off 116 before the Jeep road we came down that came out at the oil well?
CSA
<<

chatdc

Windrock Warrior

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:26 am

NICE !!

That's not the one Amy is going to include on the map for everyone to ride is it?

Good... because I hate sharing. No one else is supposed to touch my stuff either... LOL

All kidding aside, Badride showed us some great trails over there that I have not been on after riding WR for years. This place just gets better and better!!!
'13 Polaris Scrambler 850 (Trail Ready, Usually)

I RIDE black, but you can ride any color you want, just… LET’S GO RIDE !!!
Next

Return to The Bonfire